To equip the learner with the basic skills needed to help the secure employment as a general/production operative or other entry level roles in the manufacturing sector.
Who the course is for?
Individuals who are unemployed and in receipt of social welfare benefits and interested in getting employment in the Manufacturing Sector.
Job Roles the Programme is targeting (but not limited to):
- Production Operator (Packing or Process)
- Warehouse Operator
- Production Admin Roles
- Quality Control Assistant
Duration and Schedule:
12 weeks – classes 2 days per week – 9.30 to 3.30
Blended learning approach – classroom (located in Wexford) and zoom. Modules with a star below will be classroom delivery.
Programme Learning Outcomes:
The course is designed for those with limited experience in manufacturing environments but are keen to pursue a career in the sector.
- The course will develop general knowledge and skills with regards to production operative roles and processes in manufacturing.
- The course will help attendees develop an understanding of manufacturing environments and key manufacturing language.
- The course will help attendees appreciate the importance of Workplace Health & Safety.
- The course will help attendees appreciate the importance of Quality.
- The course will help attendees develop an understanding of modern manufacturing practices.
- The course will prepare attendees for potential career in manufacturing by addressing some initial skills and training such as Manual Handling, Intro to HACCP (for Food sector) etc.
- The course will improve the learners knowledge and use of Microsoft Office programmes.
- The course will prepare learners to secure employment in the Manufacturing sector.
- The course will introduce learners to the career potential and opportunities in the sector throughout County Wexford.
|Introduction to Manufacturing Operations and Modern Manufacturing Techniques||2 ½ days|
|Introduction to Quality Management||2 days|
|Introduction to Lean Manufacturing||2 days|
|Manufacturing Digitalisation||3 days|
|Workplace Health and Safety*||4 days||QQI Level 5|
|Manual Handling*||½ day||Certified|
|Communication Skills||4 days||QQI Level 5|
|Primary Food Hygiene||1 day||Level 1 Cert|
|Work Experience*||4 days||QQI Level 5|
|Managing Shift Work Workshop||½ day|
|How to get noticed by Managers Workshop||½ day|
|Total: 24 days|
Certified Programmes will have established assignments/exams/projects to be completed to gain certification. For non-certified programmes, it will be a requirement for learners to complete a multi-choice exam and/or practical tasks in order to verify learning.
2 weeks work placement in Manufacturing Companies is a requirement as part of the work experience module. County Wexford Chamber Skillnet and Training Provider will work closely with learners to support thee to secure a work placement with a local employer in the sector.
Learners will receive an overall Certificate of attendance along with the individual certificates identified above on completion of course.