|Date||Location||Price / Members Price||Places||Trainer||Book Online or Enquire|
|18th November 2021 @ 9.30-1.00||Online||€ 65.00 / € 65.00||12 available||RedTrain|
Aims and Objectives
- To outline national, HIQA and regulatory requirements in relation to ICP practices utilising 8 themes From HIQA infection control standards as a guide
- Identify Infection Control Action Plan and SMART short, medium, long-term goals for the time period identified for your facility with your team and resident’s needs.
- Implement Audit Schedule in Priority Key areas within the organisation using How, What, When, Where and Who? Guides on audit tools such as hand hygiene, environmental audit and reusable equipment cleaning schedule and audits.
- Discuss the importance of Contingency plan and outbreak plan- and location and template and the testing of same in your facility.
- Recap on Standard Precautions based on 2018 and 2020 community guidelines inclusive of resident’s placement, safe injection practices, occupational safety.
- Guide Provision to devise and update Infection prevention and control Guidelines based on National and International Standards
- Discuss the importance of infection prevention and control in the healthcare area, in providing a healthy environment for patients/residents/service users, staff and visitors.
- Discuss Antimicrobial Stewardship/ Surveillance and the investigation of relevant Infections and the register that is required in each facility
- Outline Infection control and relevant re care plans such Resident on Eye drops, self-administering of Inhalers, Person with a Catheter, use of retractable needles in all services, link to breathing and circulation and elimination care plans and all plans as required and indicated by national standards
|9am- 9.15am||Welcome online introductions-|
|9.15am-11.05am||Link staff/ Champion Overview/staff role
8 themes- Overview of Infection Control- standards national and internal overview-Background to HIQA (2018) and (2020) ICP in within your settings- 8 themes and application in facility
Overview of Feedback from facilities to date: a snapshot
|11.05am-11.30am||Infection Control Plan- template provision and overview of each theme / domain using SMART objectives within a timeframe.|
|11.35am-12.pm|| Practical review of triangulation in this area namely
Observation, communication, and documentation. How these three areas area required to be consistent in our facilities Audit Schedule within 8 themes-Overview Of key Priority Areas
Infection Control Surveillance with the organisation with relevance to antimicrobial stewardship and register. Location and linkage to medication and care plans
|12pm-12.15pm||Care planning linkage and action plan for our facility|
|12.15pm-12.30pm||Infection Control Contingency plan/Outbreak Plan- key points and resources available|
|12.30pm-12.45pm||Infection Control Policies and procedure: a guide to updating|
|12.45pm-13.00pm||Action plan as key infection control staff Short/medium/long term goals
Close, Questions & Answers, Evaluation & Feedback.
The online platform is professional Zoom Training. This facilitates many participants at any time and can be accessed from Home if staff have a Laptop/Phone and internet access It is importance that staff can have access and internet connection. Zoom may be more assessable from a smart Phone to access training.