NOTE: PHECC First Aid Refresher Responder – to be eligible your original first aid cert must be in date
Certification: Participants will receive First Aid Responder certificate which is valid for 2 years.
Awarding Body: PHECC
Duration: 2 days – 27th October and 3rd November
Location of Training: IFA Centre Mill Park Road, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford
To provide learners with the knowledge and skills to become a First Aid Responder. To ensure the understanding required to provide and coordinate first aid in the workplace in compliance with the requirements of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007.
- Assessments – Primary and Secondary
- Incident Procedure – emergency calls, scene safety, infection control.
- Cardiac First Response -Heart Attack, CPR, Use of AED, Choking
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Injury Management /Shock -Shock, bleeding, musculoskeletal injuries,
- The Unconscious Patient
- Burn and Electrical Injury
- Abnormal Body Temperature – hyperthermia, hypothermia
- Information Management – patient handover, care reports
- Communications – consent, empathy, communicating with children
- Well Being of the First Aid Responder – critical incident stress
- 8 max per group