COURSE TITLE: Supervisory Management COURSE CODE: 6N4329
NQF Level: 6 Credit Value: 15 Category of Award: Minor
Course Duration: 5 days Delivery Method: Online Class Size: 6 – 14
Dates and Time: 30 August, 6,13,20,27 September – 9.30am to 3.30pm daily
Entry Criteria: To access this award the learner should have reached the standards of knowledge, skill, and competence associated with level 5 of the National Framework of Qualifications. This may have been achieved through a formal qualification or through relevant life and work experience.
This programme is designed to work in a variety of sectors. We can customise elements of the programme to align with the sector and/or practices of different clients attending the programme.
Aim: Our Supervisory Management programme provides participants with the opportunity to gain the knowledge and expertise required to excel in a managerial role. Participants will develop a range of supervisory and management skills, as well as improving interpersonal and communication skills. On completion, participants will be equipped with the required skills to manage, supervise and systematically lead their team, or project, using proven communication and teamwork skills. The programme combines both theoretical and practical elements of supervisory management which includes Lean methodologies. This course will appeal to professionals who have recently stepped up into a supervisory role, those seeking to expand their existing leadership skills and employees who plan on progressing to a supervisory role.
Course Outcomes: By the end of this training course you will:
1. Explore the key concepts/principles of Supervisory Management & assess their own management style
2. Improve interpersonal and workplace communication skills; utilise company tools and practices to the supervisory role as appropriate – e.g. Lean Mindset.
3. Evaluate the challenges and demands of stepping up to a supervisory role.
4. Employ a range of team leadership skills to include Negotiation, Delegation, Motivate and Problem Solving.
5. Apply up-to-date industry standards, guidelines and recommended practices in supervisory management.
6. Create and evaluate effective work plans & demonstrate a systematic approach to operational planning.
7. Recognise the necessary precautions for safeguarding information and data.
8. Evaluate staff recruitment procedures & complete a range of staff supervision activities.
9. Assess staff training needs and implement basic training processes.
Course Outline /Brief Overview by Session:
• Theories of supervision and management
• Leadership vs management
• Management hierarchy and roles
• Manager competencies and application of key skills
• Fayol’s management principles
• The contemporary supervisor/manager
• Changing supervisory behaviours
• Managing change
• Assessment overview
• Effective communications
• Leadership and leadership styles
• Situational leadership
• Conducting intelligent conversations
• Conflict Management
• Motivating Staff/employees – Setting a team vision
• The Team Meeting – planning/organising
• Using business acumen to gain buy-in within teams/projects
• Operational Planning
• Setting Goals & Objectives
• Time management
• Project planning/implementation
• Managing Compliance – company vision/mission H&S, Legal
• Creative Problem solving/root cause analysis
• Using business-specific tools
• Pit Meetings
• Data Protection and Record-Keeping
• Employment Law Overview
• Staff Recruitment & development
• Staff Induction & Training
• Training Needs Analysis – theory overview
• Managing Risk – H&S
• Staff appraisal, supervision, assessment, and review – using Strengths-Based feedback
• Dealing with Poor Performance
• Effective Disciplinary Action/managing difficult conversations
• Assignment Practical – Staff appraisal
• Conflict Management theories and perspectives
• Conflict Self-assessment inventory
• Case Study – practical applications & round table discussion
• Personal Action planning & Continuous professional development
Skills Demonstration 60%
Portfolio / Collection of Work 40%
English Language Proficiency: This course is delivered and assessed in English and is suited to learners with a language proficiency ranging from CEFR B2 – C2. If you are unsure about your level of language proficiency we will provide a simple English language assessment for your convenience.