Following consultations with local Hospitality Providers, County Wexford Chamber Skillnet in collaboration with Hospitality Skills Ireland have developed a 3-day practical skills programme to address the skills gap in the sector around food service, customer service skills and food hygiene.
There are 3 modules accredited from the 3-day course
1. Manual Handling Certificate
2. Food Hygiene level 1
3. Hospitality Skills course accredited by CPD on behalf of Hospitality Skills Ireland.
In January 2023, we will pilot this programme in North Wexford. We are seeking 15 Hospitality Providers that are willing to put one employee on the Pilot Programme. The Pilot is free and limited to one employee per business. However, our request is that each attendee provides critical feedback to help us improve the programme going forward, provide a testimonial and give permission for us to use your logo to advertise the programme. The Network’s aim is to run this programme at last twice a year throughout the County (in off-peak times) for up to 25 people in each programme @ €110 per person. We hope to run the first of these in February.
This programme is only for those currently employed in the Hospitality Sector
This practical skills course is designed to help train individuals who are currently working in food and beverage service roles but have no formal training and are interested in upskilling to improve their service skills. This course will enable individuals to become more competent and confident in customer service, teamwork, food & beverage skills.
Location of Training:
- Ashdown Park Hotel, Gorey
Course Schedule and Duration:
- 16/17/18 January 2023
- Each day will start at 9.30am and finish at approximately 3.30pm
- Customer Service – how to deal with complaints, greet customers professionally and to deal with customer queries.
- Practical Food & Beverage Skills – Basic Terminology, Identification of Cutlery, how to meet & greet guests, how to take an order, how to carry and clear plates, Full sequence of service, how to serve food & drink, how to serve wine, cashing up / taking a reservation
- Manual Handling – Practical to be completed by each trainee with 20 question exam
- Food Hygiene Level 1 – 20 question exam to be completed
To book a place:
Email Sheila – firstname.lastname@example.org
Provide the following information in your email:
- Name of Business and main contact
- Name of employee for course and current role in company
- Contact number
- Contact email