This course is for technicians who are already experienced in handling non-flammable refrigerants such as HFCs and who have a good understanding
of system operation.
The Scope of the flammable refrigerants training includes:
• Hydrocarbon (HC) refrigerants R290, R1270, R600a
• HFC R32
• HFO refrigerants R1234ze, R1234yf
• HFO blends such as R454A.
On successful Completion Candidates will receive a REAL ALTERNATIVES 4 LIFE Certificate in handling Flammable Refrigerants.
Duration: Full Day on-site
• Introduction to Real Alternatives
• Background to the use of natural
• Flammable refrigerants – an introduction
• Flammability and other safety hazards
• Working Safely
• Cylinders and cylinder handling
• Service procedures
• Reducing leak potential
• Application of flammable refrigerants
• System design differences
• Theory assessment
• Introduction to equipment
• Setting up a ‘safe Zone’
• Leak detection
• Hydrocarbon Recovery
• Purging the system with Nitrogen
• Brazing on Hydrocarbon systems
• Charging Hydrocarbons
• Practical assessment
• Feedback and summary
To find out more information or the make a booking, please complete our enquiry form and one of our team will get back to you.